02 July 2014

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review

Last week I went on a hunt for a new foundation (as if I don't have enough) and went into Myer and straight for the Clinique counter, but after hanging around there for about 5 minutes and no Sales Assistant in sight I made my way to the Estee Lauder counter. Boy am I glad that I did that. The Sales Assistant was wonderful. She recommended the Double Wear Foundation and tried on a few colours on me, letting me apply it with my fingers, brush and sponge all whilst entertaining my very cranky little 22 month old. This cheeky girl does not like shopping.

We settled for the colour 2C3 Fresco. I came home and was a little disappointed when I opened it up to see that it was actually a lot more pink than all my other foundations. If you follow me on instagram you might have seen my post about it. But I thought that I was colour matched and that I should trust the lovely Sales Assistant.

The Packaging
This foundation comes in a frosted glass bottle that is a rectangular size. I quite like the packaging. It looks really fancy. The only downside is that it hasn't got a pump. I just use a Q tip to get the foundation out of the bottle as to not waste any product. I can always get more out if I need to. I heard the MAC or Clinique pumps fit the Estee Lauder bottles perfectly so I might need to invest in one of them.




The Foundation
I thought the foundation would be a thick consistency as it promises medium to full coverage but I think it's a light consistency compared to my other foundations and I like the fact that it's easy to apply with your fingers. This is an oil free foundation therefore it wouldn't be suitable for people with very dry skin although the sales assistant told me if I do have dry skin to put primer on that area which should cover any dry patches. The foundation is medium coverage and is buildable to full coverage and is a matte finish. If you prefer a dewy look I would steer clear from Estee Lauder Double Wear. It also comes with an SPF 10.




How To Apply It 
Because of it's light consistency it's very easy to apply this foundation with your fingers but I prefer to apply it with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I find applying it with a brush it gives me a little bit more coverage. It does a great job covering my blemishes and uneven skintone. It's also great at covering blemishes by just dabbing a little extra foundation over the spots which means that I can skip the concealer.


What I Like
I know I've raved about other foundations but I think I have finally found my Holy Grail foundation. I've never experience such amazing staying power with a foundation without using a primer and powder. After seeing a few YouTube clips, most people recommended this foundation without a primer. Since it's also a matte finish I don't need to use powder over the top and I still don't end up with an oily T-zone at the end of the day. The foundation also stays put for a good 12 hours before I needed any touch ups. I do think that I will need a different colour for summer when my skin is a little bit more tanned but I don't mind buying a summer colour because it's doing exactly what it's supposed to for me. Considering Estee Lauder is a high end brand the $50 for the 30ml of product is money well spent in my opinion. I really thought that I would have to take it back because of the colour but I was pleasantly surprised that it matched my skin tone really well.

What I Don't Like
The only thing that I don't like about this foundation is that it doesn't come with a pump, but this can be easily fixed. I do think that Estee Lauder should be providing their own pumps for these bottle but maybe it will happen one day.

No Foundation vs Estee Lauder Double Wear

Have you tried this foundation before and what do you think about it? 

 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...