27 August 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light

If you follow me on Instagram you would know that I very often reach for my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder.


I've now had it for a couple of months and seem to fall in love with it each time I use it.

The Packaging
Just like their blushes the powder comes in a bronze compact with a mirror. It looks so luxurious and I keep mine in the original box because I don't want to scratch the beautiful case.




The Product
There are a lot of reviews on this powder and some are hit and misses. When I first got mine I wasn't too impressed because it did not last on my face for more than 3-4 hours but then I tried it over my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation which stays matte on my skin pretty much all day and this beautiful powder just worked. It made my skin glow in a good way. It just looked like my skin was glowing from within and it lasted all day. The Ambient Lighting Powder is finely milled and is so soft on the skin and not cakey at all.




What I Like 
It feels light and gives me an amazing glow. The sheen is so subtle that it's ok if you apply it all over the face but it can also be built up if you want to use it as a subtle highlighter. I will definitely purchase the Ambient Lighting Powder Palette to keep in my professional makeup kit.


What I Don't Like 
That it doesn't seem to last a very long time on sheer or dewy looking foundations. I found applying a setting powder first does the trick but it still doesn't seem to last as long as it does with my Double Wear Foundation.

Have you tried the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder before? Do you perhaps have a dupe for it? 

 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...