20 August 2014

Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation Review & Swatches

It was definitely time for Maybelline to come out with a new range of foundations. I love their Dream Mousse Liquid foundation but that one was at the end and I was excited to get my hands on this one and try it out.


The Packaging
The foundation comes in slim glass bottle with a pump and a lid.

The Foundation
Maybelline have definitely changed their colour names around as I could pick up a Sandy Beige in any other face product and it would match but with this foundation I grabbed the 021 Nude which is the same colour as my Sandy Beige. The foundation is quiet thick but is surprisingly really easy to apply to your face with your fingers. It's always a bonus when you don't have to use a brush. Maybelline promise that this foundation will give you better skin in 21 days. I've been using mine now for about 2 weeks and honestly can't tell the difference in my actual skin, but it does however give you a natural looking complexion when applied. It is medium build able coverage with SPF 14.



How To Apply It 
I have tested this foundation out using my fingers and my brush, with a primer and setting powder and without. The Better Skin foundation applied with your fingers, without primer and setting powder looks beautiful but it did not last very long on my skin. It lasted about 4 hours before it started to "slide off". When I applied it with a primer and setting powder it lasted an extra hour but when I applied it with a brush, primer and setting powder it lasted a good 8 hours before I needed to touch up. So if you have combination to oily skin I would definitely recommend the application with a brush and don't skip the primer and setting powder.


What I Like
I like the fact that it's an affordable foundation and if applied properly can last majority of the day without needing any touch ups.

What I Don't Like
The only thing that threw me off a bit was the fact that I had to colour match myself again but that is only a minor dislike.

Have you tried this foundation yet and what do you think about it? 

 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...