22 January 2015

Liebster Award

I'm got really excited when the wonderful Ana from Hey Mama Australia nominated me to join in the fun with The Liebster Award! Thank you so much for the nomination and for those of you who haven't read her blog before, I would highly suggested that you do because she give some amazing parenting advice. 

Onto the fun part (I had to look up the Rules for this) 



Rules

1. Post 11 facts about yourself. 
2. Answer 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you
3. Nominate 11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers (I've nominated a few that have more than that simply because I love those blogs) 
4. Link your nominees in the post
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees
6. Let your nominees know that you've tagged them. Remember: No tag backs! 


11 Facts About Me


1. I broke my knee cap when I was 2 years old. According to my parents I was chasing a boy. 
2. I'm a very indecisive person. 
3. I'm a morning person (from 5.30am onwards) 
4. I have lived in 3 countries in my lifetime, Australia, Germany and Ex Yugoslavia
5. I have a younger brother
6. I'm a qualified Makeup Artist, Beauty Therapist and Massage Therapist 
7. I could eat pasta for breakfast, lunch and dinner all day everyday
8. I'm obviously a massive makeup addict and love everything about the makeup/beauty industry.
9. I quit smoking 2008
10. I love my kids to bit, but boy is it good to go to work and be able to eat my lunch and drink my coffee in peace. 
11. I can get very competitive. 


Here are the questions that Ana from Hey Mama Australia set out for me

1. What is your inspiration behind the name of your blog? 
I wanted a blog name that would straight away let people know what my blog was about. After annoying my brother with some really weird names for a few days I woke up one morning and texted him "Lipstick & Motherhood". It's exactly what I wanted and it was absolutely perfect.

2. How long have you been blogging, and how much time do you invest in your blog? 
I started this blog in April 2014 when I was a Stay at Home Mum. At that point I was posting 3+ times a week, but since I returned back to work it's been more like 1-2 times per week. 

3. Is blogging a hobby or a full-time career? 
It's a hobby. I wouldn't want to make it a full time career because then it becomes a chore. 

4. Where do you live? 
I love in the Western Suburbs of Sydney, Australia.

5. What is your favourite pastime? 
Shopping! No doubt about it. I still shop but it's not the same when I have the kids with me or have to worry if I can buy a certain item because there is now a budget in place. 

6. Favourite place in the world? 
I haven't travelled that much, but my favourite place would have to be Zadar. It's a small city in Croatia. I visited the city for the first time in 2004 (I have been there before when I was a little girl but I don't remember it) and I fell in love with it. From it's culture, to the beautiful beaches it's a place I'd be happy to retire to one day. 

7.  What is your secret to relaxing and overcoming stress? 
Exercise! I can't believe I just wrote and published this. It doesn't matter if it's a walk, a session at the gym or at fitcamp, it helps me think and clear my head. 

8. Name one guilty pleasure. 
Chocolate! I'm trying very hard to take it out of my diet but I just can't. I can't imagine my life without it. 

9. Do you prefer cats or dogs? 
Neither! I'm a snake person. NO NO NO THAT WAS A JOKE! Dogs. 

10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 
I honestly don't like thinking that far into the future, but if I have to say something I'd say that I'd want to be happy and healthy, have my kids, husband and the rest of my family happy and healthy. In the end that's pretty much all that matters.

11. What is your ultimate way of spending the weekend? 
Getting a massage, followed by a facial, mani and padi. Then a little shopping trip and dinner with my family and friends. Then head to a nice park or beach the following day and enjoy a picnic and play with the kiddies. 


I nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award


My 11 questions to the nominees


1. Why did you start blogging?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
3. What is the one thing that you cannot live without?
4. Blush or Lipstick?
5. What is your favourite book? 
6. If you could give 1 piece of advice to your 18 year old self, what would that be? 
7. What is your earliest childhood memory?
8. What are the best and worst aspects of blogging? 
9. What is your day job? 
10. Who is your biggest inspiration? 
11. What is your secret to relaxation and overcoming stress?  

To the nominated blogs, I hope you have fun answering these questions as much as I did and don't forget to share the love! 


 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png

6 comments:

  1. I love the name of your blog! And I totally agree about pasta :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally someone likes pasta as much as me!! Thank you

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the nomination. I'm really touched. I look forward to answering your questions. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! I've enjoyed your blog for a while and was happy to share it with others! x

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the nomination hun, and really, #7 exercise? Really? What's wrong with you?! LOL. Just kidding, because I know it's true but I'm too lazy for it and last time I set foot in a gym was when I was trying to get in shape for our wedding more than 5yrs ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha I can't believe I wrote that! But it's true! And it gives me an excuse to get out of the house on my own! You'll see when bub comes! :P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...