16 January 2015

What's In My Makeup Travel Bag

Unfortunately, my holidays have come to an end. My family and I enjoyed a whole week in the beautiful Port Stephens. We had 1 day of rain and the rest of the time we had the most amazing weather where it wasn't too hot or humid. The kids enjoyed spending time at the beach and at the pool and we've all come back that little bit darker and more relaxed.

I didn't take much with me as I knew that the days will be spent on the beach and I wasn't too fussed about the makeup.


I got this beautiful Makeup Travel Bag from Witchery a few weeks ago during one of their sales. It is such a beautiful print and the size is absolutely perfect.


So here is what I did take with me.

Face

1. Innoxa Restore Lift & Firm Primer* - This is fast becoming one of my favourite primers. It feels beautiful on the skin and makes the foundation last longer. Stay tuned for a full review.
2. Rimmel London Stay Matte BB Cream - This has been my holy grail face product in the last few months. It gives me enough coverage on a day to day basis and the staying power is absolutely amazing.
3. MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural powder in Medium - Oily skin and summer heat make one perfect combination for an oil sleeked face. This little beauty really helps keep the oil production at bay but I only use this for touch ups on holidays.
4. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer - My trusty concealer. What would I do without it? I'm so glad I gave this beauty a second chance. It doesn't crease, covers my dark circles and gives my skin that glow.

Eyebrows

I didn't take any eyebrow products with me on holidays simply because I had them waxed and tinted before I left.

Cheeks

1. Napoleon Perdis Greatest Hits Cheek Palette - One of my favourite face palettes at the moment. The highlighters are subtle and the contouring/bronzing products were a perfect addition to add to my face as I got darker and the BB cream became too light for me.
2. Hourglass Ambient Lighting in Luminous Flush - This is my favourite blush and it's the perfect colour to accompany the sunkissed tan.

Eyes

1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna Eyeshadow Palette - I received this palette a few days before Christmas and this was the perfect time to try it out. I love the fact that I had neutral and bright eyeshadows in one place.
2. MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy - It's the perfect eye pencil for a quick liner look. It's a beautiful bronze brown and it just makes my eyes look more defined and my eyelashes look fuller.
3. Essence Cosmetics Lash Princess Mascara - This is my favourite mascara at the moment and there was no doubt that it was going with me on holidays.


Lips

1. Nars Lip Crayons in Yu and Torres Del Paine - These two lip crayons were part of the Nars Limited Edition Digital World Box and are by far my favourite colours out of the 5. You can find the full review on these here.
2. Innoxa Satin Sheen Lipstick in Peach Lily* - If you follow me on Instagram you know that I've been reaching for this lipstick a lot lately. It's creamy, pigmented and lasts quiet some time even with eating and drinking. It's the perfect natural peach colour.


I've come a long way when it comes to packing my makeup as I used to be one of those girls who had a makeup bag for the face products and another for the eyeshadows and another for lipsticks. It's probably because I don't go on holidays anymore to lie on the beach and then go partying afterwards. It's amazing how things change once you have kids.

Let me know what you packed in your Travel Makeup Bag.

 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png

*PR Samples

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...