16 March 2015

Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation Review & Swatches

I try not to get sucked into purchasing very hyped up new releases but I was really intrigued by the Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation as it seemed to suit women with a more oily skin type. I've never tried any of the Nars foundations so this was a first and I managed to colour match myself pretty good. I picked up the colour Santa Fe. I purchased my foundation at Mecca for $65 when it was released. A bit on the steep side but I had to see what it was all about.



The Packaging
The foundation comes in a beautiful frosted glass bottle which also includes a pump (someone's been listening - well done Nars).



The Foundation
The foundation itself feels light and doesn't have an overpowering scent. I have read a lot of reviews where bloggers and youtubers say that they need one pump and they can cover their whole face with their fingers. I tried that and it did not work for me, even on my combination skin. My face was very streaky and the foundation was uneven. The next time I tried it with my Real Techniques buffing brush and that worked well it just seemed to be caked on my face. The following day I tried a foundation brush and that had the same effect as with the fingers. I then decided to give my stippling brush a go although I'm not a huge fan of it and what do you know? It worked a treat! The foundation went on without a problem and looked natural. So I would definitely recommend trying out different application techniques until you find one that works for you.
I also tried it with and without primer (different brands) and I found that it lasted much longer with a primer. I did find that after a few hours the foundation started disappearing around my T-Zone even after powdering.
I'm not sure if I would call the foundation luminous as I felt like I need to add a little bit of highlighter or MAC Strobe cream to give my face that luminosity.
I also found the foundation would transfer on clothes. I was for some reason expecting it to be a lot more like the Estee Lauder Double Wear with a less matte finish but it's nothing like it.







The Verdict
I quiet like the foundation, but for the price I thought it would perform a little bit better on me. Perhaps when the season changes and my skin is less oily it might last a bit longer and give me a better finish. As much as I like the foundation, I think there are other that are around the same price range and cheaper that perform that little bit better. Even though it doesn't do it for me quiet like the other foundations, I still like it a lot and am happy to have it in my collection.


Have you tried this foundation yet? What do you think?
 photo Screenshot2014-04-28at51042PM_zps752d102f.png

4 comments:

  1. So glad I read this review. I've been looking for a new foundation and was thinking of forking out the dollars for this one. I might see if they have a sample I can try beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely ask for a sample first. It seems to be a hit and miss with a lot of people

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you found a way to make this foundation work for you! As you read from my review I had a lot of issues with mine and couldn't make it work. I was definitely super impressed with the packaging and how they included a pump this time! Definitely some major improvements. Great post!

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find another amazing foundation :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...